Friday, October 30, 2009

Abahlali blog for young journos!

I have been viewing and reading blog posts of young, energetic and professional journalists of Rhodes University. Their blog posts have been reconciling with their university slogan that says “Where leaders learn”. I was not just reading but I also learned a lot. Among these so many blogs the one that I kept on reading its posts since the whole term is Abahlali blog. Firstly I would like to comment on colours that have been used by the bloggers of this blog, even if I do not know the genders of group blog members, I can tell that it might be women because of the colours that are used, for example pink, usually pink is used by female members. Their colours are impressing, it looks beautiful and its look shows that it is dedicated to the young people.

One of the member’s mission statement says that, the blog will be concentrating on human interest stories, unfortunately on this blog post I found only one or two stories that are of human interest and I found by reading the lines that most of the blog posts are what blog posters are interested in not what humans are interested in. They write about everything, ranging from breaking news, entertainment, student life and political issues. This is a truly and open space nothing is hidden, it is very easy and enjoyable to read their posts. Their posts get straight to the point, they do not take readers’ lot of time without getting straight to the point but what I have noticed is that these posts do not have tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment