Thursday, October 15, 2009

Malema’s disrespectfulness, ooogghh!

Sinikiwe Mqadi

Malema’s disrespectfulness, ooogghh!

Bloggers I have been reading the South African newspapers and the ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema ‘BIG MOUTH’ is usually in editions and every time I saw the headline about him I would knew before I read it that someone is being insulted by him. I would like to share few of them with you.

On the The Times 2009 October 14 and 15 edition, Malema was calling the leader of the IFP Mangosuthu Buthelezi a ‘factory fault’ because his political party was involved in violence between 1980s and 1990s. I don’t understand why he keeps on telling South Africans about what was happening in the past; we can read history books if we are interested. Whether Buthelezi’s party did that or not we are not interested this is a new South Africa. What I can tell Malema is that native Africans respect their elders.

The Times April 2009, Malema said the former President Thabo Mbeki is a bad example to South Africans. Out of everything that Mbeki did for South Africans and Africans then that’s how the ANC appreciates him, I don’t understand why ANC leaders don’t discipline Malema for his disrespectfulness.

On SABC news 2009 May 1, Malema called Democratic Alliance leader Helen Zille a racist girl in celebrations of workers’ day in Shabalala stadium in the north of Durban. Just imagine he was talking rubbish to workers, people who have minds and they are professional and above that all he is getting paid by tax payers’ money (workers), but he was spoon-feeding them with insults terms.

I wonder what lesson he is trying to emphasise to South African youth. Instead of making the lives of South African Youth better he is talking rubbish. I don’t understand the whole point of Malema’s speeches. He must always remember that ‘Umuntu Umuntu ngabantu.’

No comments:

Post a Comment