Friday, October 30, 2009

Where should you put this Red Pencil?




A few days ago, I came across another Rhodes Student blog about being a journalism student. I had been reading a few of the other student’s blogs ever since we started them (not to check out the competition or anything). I found that in most of the blogs, at least one writer was shockingly bad. Either with terrible grammar and spelling, or they were dead boring. I was just about to give up and write a post about how disappointed I was when I stumbled into a blog that I actually found myself reading for longer than two minutes. In fact, I’m pretty sure I spent more time on this blog than the total time I’ve spent reading newspapers all year.


I justify the amount of time I’ve spent on this blog by assuring myself that I was reading articles that not only were well written, but entertaining, and therefore worth a portion of my life. This blog is unique because it’s writers not only have something to say, but they have a special way of saying it. They don’t always take themselves too seriously (like so many blogs floating around) and have a down-to-earth take on both the study of journalism and what is going on in the media. But don’t think that this blog is all flowers and fairies. They also have opinions and criticisms, which however controversial, are daring.


This blog is definitely a blog worth checking out if you want to hear what is going on in other journalism student’s bright little heads, after you’ve finished reading all our posts of course! Pour another glass of Vodka and Coke, you’re going to be in front of your computer for a while.
Oh, before I forget, the blog’s name is Blunt Red Pencil <-- clicky!
http://bluntredpencil.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment