Thursday, October 29, 2009

Should they Really be Blogging?

JMS 1 is a cut throat business; you are always fighting to keep ahead or in some cases to just keep up. So with this in mind and me having to review a few other blogs I think I have a little room to be rather critical.

The first blog that I reviewed was "Grahamstown Diaries" . It is an interesting title and after receiving a little inside information I discovered that it is a play on the "Bridget Jones' Diaries" series of films. On to more pressing issues, I enjoyed their wide range of commentary; they covered stories from the Somali pirates to the re-launch of the AWB. The stories that they chose were relevant to us as student journalists and the writing too was well thought out and delivered. I think it is a really good read.

The second blog that I reviewed was "Digest this 24" . To start I thought the title was interesting, original and it is quick and easy to say. In terms of news coverage, I was impressed by their wide range of coverage but I felt that at the same time they didn't seem to make it too appealing. They lacked a few catchy titles that would draw the reader in. Although I did enjoy a couple of the stories it felt that I really had to make an effort to read them.

These blogs and ours have been a great way for us as student journalists to voice our opinions and to test ourselves by putting what we think out there to the people. I think that after reviewing these blogs, we have come through with flying colours!

Yours
Tucky

No comments:

Post a Comment