Friday, October 30, 2009

Bottoms Up!

Nicholas Tatham

Well I am not a very adventurous and outgoing person to be completely honest. So doing something remotely out of my comfort zone is ridiculous!

So for me outrageous could range from eating raw trout to maybe going to bed after 11 o clock in the evening. But I decided that this was all going to change and I went over the top completely. I decided that it was time for me to do something that I have never done before…. On Wednesday evening when I was at the Rat and Parrot having the usual couple of quiet pints – as one does, I decided that it was time for someone (initially I thought a couple of people would jump at the opportunity) to take the plunge and drink from the hallowed yard stick that sits snugly behind the bar. Who was going to do it? In the end I guess I was, we filled that long tube of goodness up and I don’t think I really knew what I had got myself into but hey tried my hardest to drink as much as I possibly could. There just seemed to more beer in there than humanly possible and I couldn’t take it anymore.

My masculinity seemed to be in question at the end of this but after realising that there are over four draughts of beer in there I really didn’t think that I had done too badly!

My word was that an experience. I think that it should be on every Rhodes students ‘to do’ list. It just looks so incredibly inviting and well I won’t lie when I say that I really am not too disappointed that I gave it a go!
Yours in drinking
Tucky

No comments:

Post a Comment