Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cricket: It gives me grey hairs!

Evening all

Now as I have learnt in this terms studies of Blogs and so on, that this is a space were I can voice my opinions and if you feel comfortable enough you can voice yours back. So here goes as I take the baby steps into what could be an elustrious career as a 'blogger'.
Firstly I would just like to say congratulations to Australia for their wictory last night over the Kiwis in the Champions Trophy and I feel that they were the deserved winners. As for us South Africans we were sent tails between our legs scampering out of their before the semi-finals. As an avid fan reason number 1 that I came up with for our poor performance was that we had a side that was completely underdone before the tournament even started. You can't expect to go into a tournament like that prepared by playing one warm up game against a mediocre West Indies side. Reason 2 is that we were far too predictable in our matches. All the sides knew what our game plan was going to be because it worked against Australia and they played to counter that, so across the cricketing world they all knew what to expect from us. The last reason that I could think of was our lack of big match players - but more importantly players who could take responsibility in those crucial must win situations. Grame Smith was the only player who stood up against it when we needed someone to pull us through and no one was there with him!
South african cricket is arguably the strongest in the world so I feel that people must stop taking such a negative attitude towards this failure but instead look at how we can learn and improve and ultimately become that force that we know we can be!!!

Yours in Sport
Tucky

No comments:

Post a Comment